If you don’t get the News Enterprise you may have missed the announcement of the PAC’s 2018-2019 season (Check it out). Here’s the inside scoop on each event:
- First off, AUDITIONS! Because there are three (yes, three!) events to audition for this season, there will be three nights of auditions in July. Audition materials will be available on ThePAC.net two weeks prior along with details about the new process.
- MAMA MIA: Although we normally announce the ProAm musical much earlier than now I think you will agree the wait was worth it! There are roles for mature teens through adults in their 50’s. No roles have been precast but remember these are the ProAms so if you plan on auditioning, start getting ready!
- 20 THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA: Rick Miller is the genius behind this multimedia experience and this marks his return to the PAC after his performance as “MacHomer” from several years ago.
- DICKENS’ CHRISTMAS CAROL: This will be a script in hand radio drama and I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun and hopefully may be an annual event. Many roles in this will be precast but there will definitely be roles available for children and a few adults. This event will be recorded live and then rebroadcast by WQXE and HCECTV for the holidays!
- THE NUTCRACKER: With more magic than ever this year thanks to the addition of a magic consultant to our artistic team!
- THE NOVEL ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES: A STUDY IN SCARLET: This is the first in a planned series of Holmes adaptations at the PAC. Holmes and Watson have already been cast but there are eight other juicy roles waiting to be filled.
- MACBETH: Kentucky Shakespeare returns to the PAC with their unique take on the Scottish Tragedy.
- ROBIN HOOD: We close out the season with the annual return of Missoula Children’s Theatre. All first through eighth grade students in our community are encouraged to come audition for more than fifty roles in this production.
ThePAC.net will be updated with more details on the upcoming season events by the end of June; auditions for the ProAm musical, radio drama and classical will he held July 15-17 and tickets for all PAC season events will go on sale August 1.
This month the PAC Kid Spotlight shines on Jackson Smith of Central Hardin High School. Catch him as the “Cat in the Hat” in Youth Theatre of Hardin County’s production of SUESSICAL, the musical at the PAC this July. Learn more about Jackson and our other PAC Kids.